YGO Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyourin

Kyourin

Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) M2P2dgk

Team : N/A

Duel Points : 300

Duel Record : 0-0-2

Level : 1
Dueling EXP :
Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet
Name:
Deck:

Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Empty
PostSubject: Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change)   Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 am

Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Fyke1i

You have pondered this question over many sleepless nights in the past. You have heard the rumors of a place not wholly part of Ebriven where wishes can be granted. A foggy hill on which a well sits. It is said that by throwing a coin in this well, a single wish can be granted. These are only rumors though. You know better. You have already fought tooth and nail just to reach where you are now. So surely there could be no place where you can simply throw away a coin and receive the thing you seek most of all. Surely there can't be such a place.

Of course, if you didn't believe in such a place you wouldn't be heading to a backwater town You wouldn't be following the shreds of old tales. You would be resting in the safety of your own home, nestled in the warmth of your bed-sheets. Instead you are acting like a damned fool by chasing after a stupid well, and everyone you know would surely tell you that to your face. Still, even then you still might be unable to stop yourself from dreaming of that foggy hill with the wish-granting well. You grew up hearing a few of the tales surrounding it as bed-time stories, so of course they would make some impact on you. Just like the half-joking stories of demons coming to drag you to hell if you didn't do your chores, or the ones about the giant bird that would rip out your tongue for telling lies.

Each of these small tales helped to shape who you are now. So maybe it's only natural that you would try to hold on to this one tale. To seek out any truth that might lay behind the stories. Who knows, maybe you'll find the well and get your wish. Riches? Immortality? True Love? Revenge? The well should be able to grant any of these things to you. Or maybe the search for this mythic well will only add to your woes...

But say you did find it... What would you wish for?

-

-

-

Now with that introduction done with, Greetings everyone. I am Kyourin and I will be your DM today.

This thread is here to give a brief introduction to the Pathfinder campaign I will be running later this year.
But also, it is here to recruit one more member for the group. And in the event that a member or members have to drop out for one reason or another, this will be where i'll inform everyone that we're looking for replacements.

-----------

- If you don't know what Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons is -

What is Pathfinder you ask? Well if you are familiar with what Dungeons and Dragons is, Pathfinder is very similar. If you aren't familiar with Dungeon and Dragons, then I guess a bit more information would be helpful. Dungeons and Dragons, and by extension Pathfinder, Is a Roleplaying game where a small group of characters (Created by players) go on quests (created by DMs) to save kingdoms, rescue princesses, slay dragons and other such interesting things. Depending on the DM, you could end up with a nitty, gritty, dark world much like H.P Lovecraft's Cthulu Mythos, or a world much like Big Rock Candy Mountain. Either way, you'll be sure to have fun.

------------

My specific campaign will take place in the world of Ebriven, which I am still in the process of building.
The campaign will be a bit of a dark fantasy at times, with some comedy and other things in it as well. Don't expect it to be just one genre, the story will likely turn in all sorts of directions over its course. There might be romance (though nothing explicit), probably lots of adventure, maybe some giant robots will show up down the line. Sorry, Giant Golems, not robots. This isn't Gundam. Though, perhaps I should make red golems move three times faster...

Anyways, moving on.

The starting party will consist of 6 members, 5 of which have tentatively been determined. Which means there is one slot left for an interested person. In the future, I might add another group that will run around elsewhere in Ebriven, or even allow another person to DM his own group inside the world I made should he desire too. But for now I plan to stick with just this initial group.

If you are new to Dungeons and Dragons/Pathfinder, this is fine. I believe most of the members of my group are not well experienced with the system either, so I will be trying to walk them through it early on.

I will point out now, that do to school for some of the group members, the campaign isn't set to begin until sometime in June. Though this is subject to change depending on their schedules. Also, we will be using a program called Maptools to host our sessions, which should hopefully last 2+ hours each when they occur. I will be creating the maps, etc, By hand along with much of the other campaign details.

We'll work on characters/backstory details once I have a bit more of the current world worked out. And at some point in the near future, we will have a a short run through of how stuff works on Maptools and do a mini-adventure that probably won't have any relation to the real campaign. Much of the group going-ons will be talked about over Skype, because it is faster, but important info will be added here for more in-depth explanation. Additionally, I will likely add summaries of the in-story events sometime after they happen. This way other people on the forums can see what shenanigans my group has been up to.

As for who gets to fill the last member slot in the event that their are many people that want apply for it. We shall be democratic about this and decide by Mortal Combat. Err... I mean dueling. This is a Yugioh forum after all. We'll have a mini-tournament or something between the people applying down the line if a lot of people want the spot.

Also, Feel free to ask questions in the thread. I'll be adding world-information and character creation information at a later date.

-----------------------------------

Current members, to my knowledge.
ReaperXGP
Iffritman56
Iffrit's Brother
Reaper's Brother
The other guy/girl reaper or Iffrit mentioned.
------------- Last remaining Slot that is waiting to be filled

-------

This post is subject to editing by the Grand Pubbah of Pudding.

Last edited by Kyourin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kyourin

Kyourin

Dueling EXP :
Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet
Name:
Deck:

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change)   Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 am

- Reserved by the Grand Pubbah of Pudding -

Campaign World Information will be posted here in the future.

Last edited by Kyourin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyourin

Kyourin

Dueling EXP :

Character sheet
Name:
Deck:

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change)   Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 am

- Reserved by the Evil Dragon Overlord, Bah'Humbug -

Character creation information will be posted here in the future as a reference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change)   Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Campaign. (Thread name is subject to change)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
YGO Academy  :: Miscellaneous :: Role Play :: Other Role Plays-
Jump to: