Deck ChrisG: Glad Fists
Deck Marcus Crassus: Dark Beatdown

Match deck construction: 9/20
Match performance: 11/25

Replays:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2qivgw
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iviwip

Construction:
Dimension Wall is unnecessary in the deck. Though life points are important to a duel,
the card gives you no positive card advantage or field presence, and should therefore
be avoided when building a deck for consistency. Could be replaced with cheap removal
like more Space Typhoons or Bottomless Trap Hole.

Scrap Iron Scarecrow, while a good way to shut down monsters that remove your walls,
should also be avoided, as it doesn't give you any advantage, or take any advantage
away from your opponent. At best, if the opponent decides to remove it from the board,
you get a one for one.

2 Dimensional Prison would work nicely in this deck, since you're
not running more than 1 Jinzo. Another option would be to use call of the haunted to
maximize the usefulness and recursive ability of Jinzo and Beastking Barbaros.

United We Stand serves you no real purpose. Attack points rarely win duels, effects
often trump them. In our duels, you saw that I immediately took out any monster you gave
united we stand to, effectively minusing your field presence, and gaining a one for
two combo. Bear's removal combo is a perfect example of why people don't use equips
in most decks.

Another note, your deck doesn't have a set engine or archetype. This is fine, and in
fact is a strategy, but it would make sense to adjust your deck to maximize the
usefulness of the monsters that see the most play, so that you can better gain
momentum. Perhaps 2 Jinzo would be good, so at least your two biggest hitters
see as much play as possible. You might also switch up your backrow
to supplement the monsters, rather than to simply push back the opponent's plays.
Forbidden Chalice comes to mind, as it can max out Barbaros, or stop a face down
flip-effect/effect monster on your opponent's side of the field.

The extra deck choices were sub-optimal to put it mildly; you had 10 cards when the max
is 15, and only ever used one of them anyways.

Shooting Quasar Dragon is banned from testing, so use of this card would have invalidated
your test, but since there's absolutely no way you can summon that card with your extra
deck, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. Take caution, for I
will not extend this privelege again in the future. Maximize your extra deck to take
advantage of the summons you make. The point of the extra deck is to give yourself extra
options; to toolbox from your main deck and gain extra field presence.

Utopia Ray is situational and unneeded in most decks. The only decks it sees play in are
decks specifically designed to abuse it (I.E. Zexal Weapon deck) and decks that pay heavy
life point values.

Zenmaines is a good tech, but a crutch if you rely on it more than once, really.
I'd replace 2 with Temtempo and Leviair, to give you better options to recycle your banish
zone, as well as eat the opponent's XYZ monsters. With no tuners, and only 1 Starlight Road,
you should only be running 1 Stardust Dragon, so from my perspective, you only had 3 cards in
your 10 card extra deck that were of any use to you; Abyss Dweller, Zenmaines and Stardust.

Some suggested cards would be Maestroke the Symphony Djinn, Gagaga Cowboy, Gem Knight Pearl,
Diamond Dire Wolf, Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (for that nimble momonga play), Constellar Hyades,
and Blackship of Corn, to name a few. 1-2 of a key xyz or synchro is usually enough, no
need to triple up on anything.

Performance:

Game 1: Turn 4; you attacked knowing I had Tensen down, a mistake which cost you field presence.
Waste of a Monster Reborn, basically.
Game 2: No misplays. Couldn't gain or maintain field presence or any type of advantage against me
with what you had.

SINGLE: 0/5 (Loss)

Deck ChrisG: Six Samurai
Deck MarcusCrassus: Chaos Nordic

Single Deck Construction: 9/20
Single Performance: 8/15

Replay: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qp17y0

Construction: The deck is clearly designed to summon your Odin as fast as possible, but you seem to
have caught archetype fever and lost your tuners. The only 2 tuners in the deck capable of summoning
Odin are Vanadis and Valkyrie, the others simply clog the deck. Your backrow lacks protective spells
or traps. Again, the Forbidden set, Lance, namely, is missing and your extra deck needs filling out.

Performance:

No misplays, but you also gained absolutely no field presence. I ran over every play while you
suffered being unable to remove my monsters from the board with the backrow you had available.

TOTAL: 37/100

Other Comments:

Different decks: 3/3
Attitude: 2/2

GRAND TOTAL: 42/100

You will be assigned in the Slifer Red Dorm. Spend some time filling out your extra deck with
applicable cards, pay attention to your side deck, as it needs to be used in match mode to
give you better options. When building a deck with a theme, focus on a specific engine and
maximize that engine, then add in staples to increase your options when dueling.
Back to top Go down
Eatos

Team : N/A

Duel Points : 1775

Duel Record : 5-0-1

Level : 1
Dueling EXP :
25 / 10025 / 100

Character sheet
Name: Overlord Zedd
Deck: Emperor's Ascension

PostSubject: Re: Test Result-Marcus Crassus   Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Tester DP Awarded, Dorm Assigned and Thread Locked!
Back to top Go down

Test Result-Marcus Crassus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1